We hope you're all well and have had a cracker of a summer! If you're looking to book a pop and rock covers band for your wedding or Christmas Party, you've certainly come to the right place, but we wanted you to have the chance to get to know us a little more personally. So we'd like to introduce the first of The Thamesmen, our front man, Matthew!
1. What do you consider your biggest achievement so far in your musical career?
Tough question! I've been fortunate enough to tour the world and share the stage with some pretty big names. As well as that I've had a song I wrote featured in a major Hollywood film which was very cool!
2. What has been the best thing musically to happen to you in the past year?
Doing a UK/European tour with 4 of my best mates and favourite musicians. Getting to play and hang with them for those few weeks was an absolute blast!
3. What do you want to happen in the next year musically?
More of the same but I'd especially like to get an album's worth of my own material recorded.
4. What do you like about performing with The Thamesmen?
Playing amazing tunes with amazing folk dressed in suits! I've always wanted to front a band like this so I'm really chuffed it's up and running, and rockin'!
5. What have you been listening to recently?
I've been loving the remastered Beatles Live At The Hollywood Bowl album. Ringo's drumming is out of this world, and they were just so on it even though they couldn't hear themselves!
6. Tell us an interesting fact about yourself that we might not know?
My initials spell Mr MRS!
Please do get in touch if you would like to book The Thamesmen, we can't wait to perform for some more of you lovely people very soon.